Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 87


My last sidekick this week deserved some special attention. Mainly because his color motiff is what makes his costume. I guess you could argue that color is crucial in any superhero costumes, but chances are if you draw how the basic line work, you're gonna know who it is with or without color. I didn't think that this would be the case for Stripesy here. And who is Stripesy? He's the adult-sidekick to the teenaged-superhero The Star-Spangled Kid. You heard correctly (or read I should say): An ADULT sidekick to a TEENAGE hero! And this was during the Golden Age no less! Nowadays there's a new Star-Spangled Kid (Courtney Whitmore), and Stripesy, a.k.a. Pat Dugan, now wears this awesome armor and calls himself S.T.R.I.P.E. Though he doesn't mind being the back-up for whoever is wearing the starry costume.

That's it for sidekicks week! What a pleasant experience it's been! Nothing can dampen my spirits! Whatever the theme for this week is, I ain't scared! Bring it on!


O.o




LEW!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment